List of published technical papers authored
or co-authored by UNIVIB engineers:
List of publications by UNIVIB staff
1. "Modal Analysis Provides the Answers", Metalworking Production, June 1984.
2. "Increased Productivity Through the Elimination of Chatter Vibration on the Mill and in the Roll Shop", AISE Annual Convention, Pittsburgh, September 1991.
3. "Improving the Accuracy of Machine Tools Using Software Compensation for Thermally Induced Errors", 29th International MATADOR Conference, Manchester, April 1992.
4. "Roll Grinder Chatter - Its Analysis and Solution", Proceedings of the 7th International Aluminium Sheet and Plate Rolling Conference, Nashville, June 1992.
5. "Further Development of Techniques for Software Compensation of Thermally Induced Errors on CNC Machine Tools", Proceedings of the International Conference on Laser Metrology and Machine Performance, LAMDAMAP 1993.
6. "Identification and Solution of Machine Tool Chatter Problems", Proceedings of the International Conference on Laser Metrology and Machine Performance, LAMDAMAP 1993.
7. "Identification and Solution of Chatter Vibration on Roll Grinding Machines", Iron and Steel Engineer, July 1994.
8. "Reducing the Cost of a Roll Grinder Installation", Proceedings of the 40th Mechanical Working and Steel Processing Conference, Pittsburgh, October 1998.
9. "The Development of an Integrated Vibration Monitoring and Analysis System", Proceedings of the 40th Mechanical Working and Steel Processing Conference, Pittsburgh, October 1998. (This paper co-authored by Tom Dunlop, Corus Strip Products, Shotton Works).
10. "The Application of Vibration Monitoring to Cold Mill Processes", Iron and Steel Engineer, January 1999.
11. "An Approach to On-Line Monitoring of 5th Octave Mode Mill Chatter to Prolong Back-up Roll Life", Proceedings of IOM conference on advances in on-line instrumentation for finishing processes in strip production, Institute of Materials, London, April 1999
12. "A Monitoring Instrument for the Detection and Early Warning of Resonant Oscillation of Servovalves in Mill Hydraulic Systems", AISE Steel Technology, November 1999.
13. "The Analysis and Solution of Problems of Rolling Mill Vibration", Proceedings of the PIRA International Conference on Improving Paper Machine Runnability, Gothenburg, January 2001.
14. "A Technique for the Detection and Measurement of Chatter Marks on Roll Surfaces", AISE Steel Technology, April 2003.
15. "Measurement of Chatter Marks Formed During Roll Grinding", Aluminium International Today, May/June 2004.
16. "Identification and Solution of Fifth-Octave Mode Mill Chatter Problems", Proceedings of the IOM Conference on Vibration in Rolling Mills, London, November 2006.
17. "Some Practical Means to Attenuate 3rd-Octave Chatter", Proceedings of IOM conference on Vibration in Rolling Mills, London, November 2006 (this paper co-authored by John Durrant, Corus Packaging Plus, Trostre)
Most of the above papers are currently available as paper versions only (but are gradually being converted to pdf files). Please contact us if you would like us to send you a copy.